Monday, March 7, 2011

Sew Crazy!

My mom's friend let me borrow a VERY nice sewing machine to practice my sewing skills.  It is so nice I returned my $60 Walmart sewing machine I recently purchased because there is such a huge difference in the quality.  I have been busy practicing, practicing!  Here are a few things I have made:


I made a care package for my niece, Maddie, for her Tennessee trip.  I sewed this little tote bag myself!


These are a few more items I made for her.  I made a pencil case, a coin purse, and I used fabric stiffener to make a gift box for a necklace I got her.  I LOVE sewing, however, it used to be difficult for me to go down the paper aisle at Joanns or Michael's because I am obsessed with paper, but now it is fabric!  Next I am going to try making covers for seat cushions for our kitchen table chairs.  Now that Jack is mobile, it may take me awhile to finish that project!

No comments:

Post a Comment