Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Half a Year Old

Our sweet baby boy turned 6 months old today!  I can't believe it!  Let's ask what he thinks about turning the big 6 m-o-n-t-h-s:

Hello Jack-Jack.
 Hello Mommy!

How does it feel to be 6 months old today!
 I feel great!  I am in big boy jeans and a big boy t-shirt.  No onesie for me today!
Oh!  And I sit up all by myself!

Where did you take a nap today?
 I decided that I am a big boy now and that I should take my naps in my crib.  Even though I don't sleep for very long in there, I didn't throw a fit when you put me there!

Did you have a good day?
Oh yes!  Mommy and I went to the park and played on the slide and in the grass and Mommy pushed me in the swing.  We went for a walk and played all day!  I had apples, peaches, mixed vegetables, harvest grains, rice cereal and formula today.  I feel GREAT!

Whew!  Being 6 months old is hard work!

A day in the life of Jack Richard:

5:30-6:30ish - 7:30-8:00ish (yes big range!  Sometimes if you have a really big poopy in the morning, you will wake yourself up and you WON'T go back to sleep!): wake up and PLAY!

8:00:  Eat 4 ounces.  You are never really too hungry first thing in the morning.

9:00-10:30ish:  Nap.  I must say, you are a VERY good napper.  Mommy gets a lot done!

10:30 - 1:30ish:  Eat cereal and fruits/veggies.  And then you love to play!  We sit and play with your toys, go for a walk or run errands.  Depending on the day, this is the time you and I will leave for our gym day or play dates with Anayah.

2:00 - 3:30/4:00ish:  Nap again!

4:00 - 7:30:  This is your long stretch.  We play some more, you have a snack, dinner, which is usually cereal and fruits and veggies, and then you take a bath.  You love your bath time.  You have absolutely no fear of the water.  I hope that is something that stays with you as our summers will be spent at the beach, the pool, or the river!  After your bath, you have your bedtime bottle and then you go to sleep for the night (yeah, right).  You are pretty easy to put to sleep.

1:00/2:00 A.M.!  Yes, you are still waking up once in the night to eat.  Daddy and I don't really mind.  We know you are a growing boy and your little tummy needs to be full.

Here are some things you have been up to:
  • Your vocabulary consists of many sounds.  My favorite of course is Ma, ma, ma, ma moooom!  You also say bah, bah and you love to just babble.  You say ooooo and like it when people copy your sounds.  You also grunt a lot and love to say Mmmmmm when you eat your food.
  • I didn't need to worry after all.  You love to roll tummy to back and back to tummy.  You tried to crawl for the first time on Saturday, January 22 at your Aunt Alyssa's house.  You were trying to get back into the tub with Maddie and Kaitlyn!
  • You are a blankie boy.  If you get fussy, all we have to do is give you your blankie and you find a corner to chew and go right back to sleep.
  • Dixie continues to be your best bud.  You love to lay on her and try to grab her tail when she passes you by.  She loves you right back.  She often "babysits" you while I am busy.
  • You love people!  As long as people are around you, you are a happy baby.  Sometimes when it is you and I all day, you get a bit tired of me and I have to take you out and about to people watch.
  • No teeth yet!
Happy 6 months baby!  You are the best thing that has ever happened to your Daddy and me.  We love you!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Sounds like a pretty good life to me! You're an awesome mommy! Mother to mother, just FYI, he doesn't need to eat in the middle of the night at this age (ask your pediatrician), he's waking up like we all do going through the different stages of sleep. The difference is that he has to learn how to comfort himself back to sleep and the only way he'll learn that is if you guys teach him. He's comforted by the bottle/booby in the middle of the night but he doesn't need it for sustenance if that makes sense. With my boys, when they would wake up in the middle of the night, I would comfort them by cuddling but would put them back down as soon as they got drowsy but BEFORE they fell asleep. Then see if they fall all the way asleep. Sometimes they would start to get worked up again so I would cuddle a bit and put down again when drowsy. Soon enough, not waking up in the middle of the night! Wahoooo! I TOTALLY believe that this is why they are good sleepers NOW cuz we taught them then. Anyway, whew, long two cents! :-) Hugs and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog - wish this type of communication was around when my kids were babies. I echo Martha's comments ... we miss you and would love to meet Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day in the life of JACK! Amazing. I can't believe mine is almost 7 months, that just seems old for some reason. He is still fighting solids. I force feed him daily. Rice cereal, fruits, veggies, finger foods....NONE of it. It fascinates me that yours is a champion eater. So great that you have such a fun routine with him and playdates too.

    Ali (Ganahl) Uniack

    ReplyDelete