Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jack's Baptism

Jack finally had his official baptism ceremony on Saturday, August 20.  It was such a nice ceremony.  His Aunt Alyssa and Uncle Will are his godparents.  He is such a lucky boy to have such loving and wonderful godparents! 

I was a bit worried about how he would do with the water on his head.  He didn't seem to mind, but that could be because he kept dunking his hands in the baptismal fountain and splashing around!  Luckily this made the Deacon laugh (good thing he's cute!).  He was also fascinated with the flame of the baptismal candle that his Uncle Will lit (fire, fire!).  The Deacon had the church members sing "Happy Birthday" for their spiritual birthday and he LOVED that!  He was clapping and laughing.  Overall it was a good day.

Chillin' with Daddy before the ceremony
Can you see my halo?
When do we get to light this thing?
A picture before he lunged his hands in!
Now that I'm baptized, can I do whatever I want in Church?
Waiting for the anointing oil...
Uncle Will with the baptismal candle
I have the BEST godparents ever!
Picture with Deacon Fred
The Family
I look forward to guiding my son in becoming a spiritual and faithful human being.  I am so fortunate to have had 13 years of Catholic School and parents who raised me with morals and values.  I truly hope Surya and I are able to give our son the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment