Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween 2013

We kept our tradition going this year by trick-or-treating with the Spottsville's and the Wichterman's.  I absolutely love celebrating and decorating for all the holidays because I have such warm and fuzzy memories of holiday traditions and decorating as a child.  Since Mikayla's due date was October 17, I was obsessed with making sure everything was in place for a spooktacular Halloween for Jack.  I knew his world (and mine) was going to be turned upside down with the arrival of our new angel, so I wanted Halloween to go off without a hitch.  Jack's costume was ready, trick-or-treat bag out, and decorations up.  Of course, nothing goes smoothly no matter how prepared you are when you are talking about doing anything with two toddlers, a newborn, and an 8-month old, but we had fun nonetheless.  Mandi made some awesome turkey and sweet potato chili and I made some pumpkin cornbread.  By the time we got out of the door for trick-or-treating, it was already 7:00, but it was perfect because Jack and Anayah have little legs that can't last that long anyway.  Jack and Anayah were stinkin' adorable as Jake and Izzy from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates."  They stayed in character all night, often correcting us if we called them Jack or Anayah, and they would naturally hold hands when they crossed the street.  My heart melted.  He is so blessed to be growing up with such a sweet friend.  Mandi and I had to turn in early since we had feeding and bedtime schedules to mind.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!

My little pumpkins and me


They are soooo cute!


Choosing candy...a kid's dream come true!


"Follow me Anayah! Yo-ho let's go!"
Isn't she gorgeous?!
The trick-or-treatin' crew: Surya holding Jack (his shoes gave him a blister, so he had to call it a night); Maddie as Catniss from Hunger Games; Sarah as a pirate; Anayah as Izzy; Lilly the car; Kaitlyn the ghost

My new little pumpkin Mikayla settling in for the night
Exhausted and sugar crashed!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween! I'm Heather and I have a quick question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete