Saturday, November 9, 2013

Jack's 3rd Bithday

We decided to have a small party for Jack's 3rd birthday since his time as an only child would be ending in a few short months.  When I first asked him what kind of party he wanted, he was obsessed with the show, "Octonauts" so I found all sorts of "Octonauts" themed party ideas and started planning.  Well, any of you with small children at home know that Disney had commercials all summer long about a "Pirate and Princess" summer and advertised the shows, "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and "Sofia the First."  Mandi (remember, Anayah's Mommy) and I quickly realized how effective that advertising was because it wasn't long before Jack wanted a "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" themed party and Anayah wanted a "Sofia the First" party (thanks Disney!).  Nevertheless, I had lots of fun planning the party.  It was a small party, but tons of fun.  We went to my sister's house again to utilize the pool on a hot day and had a blast!  I can't believe my baby is already three!  I find myself getting emotional by how quickly time is passing by.  I just want to hold on to every moment. 

Jack's actual birthday

His aunt and cousins brought him cake and presents on his actual birthday.  He loves these girls SO much!


Pre-party fun with Grandma Sherry

Surya's mom came down to celebrate Jack's 3rd birthday and he loved every minute of her being here.


Pirate Party Time!

They are checking their maps for how to find the treasure!
"Here it is, guys!"
The tablescape
Gotta have a pinata!
Fun details
Party favors

Surya and I did our best to make pirate-themed cupcakes.

One of my favorite pictures of the birthday boy.


Waiting patiently for their turn.
CANDY!!!!
Mila won the game!
Madie so wanted to join in with the big kids.
Besties
"Look at this, Anayah!  We can play this together later!"
What great memories!
Happy 3rd birthday to my sweet angel from heaven.  He is growing up to be such a thoughtful, caring, loving, and wonderful little boy.  Every day is a blessing with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment