Friday, January 21, 2011

Crafts, Friends, and Baby Food!

This last week has been so much fun!  First, I finished my Valentine's Day crafts!  I was going to do a few more, but the lovebirds garland I HAND-STITCHED did me in (I really need to learn how to sew).   I want to sign up for a basic sewing class, but my good friend Mandi (you know, Anayah's Mommy) insists that it is very easy to learn (yeah, right, remember me, I don't like reading directions!).

Here are the owls, paper flowers, and lovebirds garland
I used a die-cut for the flowers, recycled the vase, and filled it with M&M's.  Surya is VERY upset because I won't let him eat the M&M's.

The love owls.  The one on the right is a bit dopey.
Next up on our agenda was a slumber party with our good friend Cooper and his Mommy, Jennie.  Cooper is much older and wiser than Jack (3 months ahead to be exact) so Cooper showed Jack the ways of the world.  Jennie guided Mandi and I through the baby food making process, which was super easy and fun to do with friends.  We made applesauce, pears, sweet potatoes, green beans, and carrots.  We still have peas and mangoes to make!  Check out Mandi's blog, Baby Boom for pictures and more on our baby food making day!
Jack and Cooper playing in their pj's in the A.M.  Notice the watchful Mama Dixie dog in the background watching over her "pups."
Uh-oh
It is great that Cooper is 3 months older than Jack because Jennie figures everything out and then educates me!  Jack, Cooper, Jennie, Mandi and I had so much fun!  Besides baby food making, we went for walks, played at the park, the boys took a bath together (Cooper doesn't know if he likes bubbles, yet) and the Mommies got to talk and catch up.  We can't wait for the next slumber party!

No comments:

Post a Comment