Monday, January 3, 2011

Next Holiday, Please!

I am a sucker for all the holidays.  I guess it is part of being an elementary teacher and being used to decorating and celebrating all the holidays in my classroom.  However, I have absolutely no Valentine's Day decor for my house!  I decided to try making my own.  I found some stacking blocks on potterybarnkids.com, but I wasn't a huge fan of the style, so I decided to make my own!

So here is my beginning attempt at some cute stacking blocks for my console table by the front door.


So far, I only made the nesting boxes.  I used cardstock, cereal boxes, and glue.  Next, I am going to buy Valentine's paper and decorations and use Modge Podge to adhere it.  Hopefully it will turn out the way I want it.  I will post more pics as I make progress.

1 comment:

  1. Are you really making something??! :) LOVE that you're being crafty and thrifty at the same time! Can't wait to see how it turns out. When in doubt, spray paint it! LOL

    ReplyDelete