Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Food Bomb!

So Mandi and  Anayah were over the other day and Anayah happily shared her mom's delicious homemade food blends with Jack.  To my complete and utter surprise, the child ate it and with some of the same enthusiasm as he does with the Gerber food (you all remember this post, I'm sure).  Naturally, I was intrigued, curious, and cautiously excited to try to unload feed him that drawer full of food in the freezer.  The first attempt was a success, he ate all his mangoes and sweet potatoes; no, not without making a gagging sound at each bite, but he did indeed eat it up.  I should not have pushed my luck.  For dinner I brought out the dreaded homemade carrots and apples.  He dramatically gagged at EVERY single bite.  I became irritated and frustrated with his gagging sounds and his unending attempts at grabbing the spoon to feed himself, so I let him...well I will just let you see what happened for yourselves:

Now in Jack's defense, I do use some of the Yes to Carrots lotions and he watches me while I rub the cream on my hands and elbows, so he may be confused at this point about what we do with carrots, eat them or put them on our bodies            (is that reaching?).
"You have surely learned your lesson now, Mandy, right?" is a thought that might be crossing some of your minds.  Of course I haven't!  I am an Aries and we don't give up that easily (and we are a bit crazy and stubborn).   Mandi and I spent the afternoon slaving making more baby food!  Now in my defense, the child (yes, that is how I am referring to my child in this blog post) ate Mandi's food blends, so I am hoping he will eat it by default.  We made all kind of mixtures using yellow and butternut squash, sweet potatoes, pears, apples, bananas, strawberries, carrots, blueberries, and peaches.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Jack was the taste tester after each batch and he gobbled up each bite, but the child is fickle.  I will keep you all posted...wish me luck...
 I'm going to need it.  Oy vey!



No comments:

Post a Comment