Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sew...I Am Working On My Next Project


I have always wanted to learn how to sew and luckily my very talented (and patient) friend, Mandi, agreed to teach me.  Mandi is extremely creative and has been dying her own onesies and sewing on her own designs for some time.  My child is growing like a weed and I can't afford to keep buying new clothes for him, so I decided to dye some onesies and learn to sew some designs, too!  Also, I hate buying clothes that say things like "Mommy's Major Hunk" or "Daddy Loves Me."  I just want to design and make my own.  We dyed the dark blue, brown and green.  I used a die cut to punch out the surfboards, star, turtle, and letters.  The owl and the tree are iron-on appliques.  It was so much fun to do!  I bought some more onesies and dye and have some more designs to sew on.  Now, I need to buy my own sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment